I am a teacher. The details may be a secret, but the fact that I am a professional teen wrangler and language un-tangler is not one. There are a bajillion things I love about being a teacher. The thing at the very bottom of the bajillion things long list is this: Summer Vacation. In my opinion, more professions should have summer vacations. It’s a great time to recharge, reflect, get the creative juices flowing, and explore.
Around Spring Break I start to make my Summer Playlist. The Summer Playlist is a fun to do list. It’s little adventures to go on, little creative experiments, and other such shennanigans. The Summer Playlist helps organize the fun!
This is my Summer 2015 Playlist:
- Go to London!
- Go to Bend, Oregon: float down the river on inner tubes, eat BBQ chip nachos, and drink coffee at the Looney Bean.
- Finish the Wedding Blanket- this was supposed to be done by our first year anniversary, it would be pathetic if it wasn’t done by our 5th anniversary.
- Complete our wedding album. See above comment.
- Go paddle boarding.
- Go on two free walking tours in San Francisco- I like both San Francisco City Guides and Wild SF Walking Tours.
- Do yoga at Grace Cathedral.
- Imbibe at Terminus. Amuse myself with layers of geeky jokes.
- Walk under the Golden Gate in the fog and grab a coffee at The Warming Hut.
- Look at the view from Twin Peaks.
- Ride the Seward Street Slides.
- Go to a Movie in the Park.
- Go to the Tonga Bar on Nob Hill.
- Walk Lovers Lane in the Presidio.
- Go to the Wave Organ.